Autumn arrived at 4:02 PM today, and I’m kicking this website into high gear. Please read on.
GUIDELINES FOR GUEST BLOGGERS
If you’re a published author with thoughts to share about your creative process or the ways you’ve found to break through the blocks that keep you from writing, I invite you to contribute to The Creative Crone as a guest blogger. The focus is on the psychological side of writing and how to integrate and balance it with your day-to-day life. Areas of interest include:
- Where you find your inspiration
- Overcoming your inner critic
- Building a support network
- Coping with rejection
- Working with dreams
- Finding the time to write and dealing with distractions
- Exploring your shadow side
- Obstacles you’ve overcome or would like to overcome
- What drives you to write, and whom do you write for?
- How important is external recognition or success?
That’s just for starters, and I’m sure you can come up topics of your own along these lines.
Potential guests should be published, plus:
- Published author, either self-published or traditionally published, in fiction, nonfiction or poetry, or musicians or visual artists of comparable experience.
- Maturity and experience. I’m officially a crone and proud of it, and I’m especially interested in hearing from folks 50 and over, but I won’t discriminate against anyone younger, especially those who have faced special mental, physical or social challenges.
- Active on social media and willing to promote your guest appearance here to a wide range of contacts.
- Blogger who can invite me as a guest on your own site (optional, if you’re all of the above).
What and how to submit:
- An essay of between 500 and 800 words as an attachment in Microsoft Word
- A brief bio, 100 words maximum
- An author photo and one or two book cover photos
- Link to your website and contact information
- It’s fine to talk about your books as related to your topic, as long as you don’t overdo the promotional aspects.
- It’s okay to submit something you’ve published elsewhere as long as you retain the rights to it.
- I plan to schedule at least two guests a week. Let me know your preferred dates. If you’d like to wait until a specific publication date when you could use the promotion, let me know that too. I’ll reply with a confirmed date ASAP.
- Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to email me with a brief description first, that’s fine too.
My Creative Crone book project:
I’ve self-published my three suspense novels, but for this project, I plan to go the traditional route in seeking an agent and publisher. I’m working on a presentation package to begin submitting in early 2018. I may include quotes or brief passages from other authors, so let me know if you’d be okay with this.
I look forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to share this info with other authors or artists who may be interested. And please subscribe so you won’t miss new posts.